Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'm just a simple guy, asking questions. Questions for the asking.

I had a lot of time to think today. During my stay in an ER room, I had time to ponder the finer things in life...while watching Mrs. Doubtfire on CMT. But as the day progressed, I started to think...what would happen if I was really in an emergency. What would I be able to do to help myself recover?

I'm a pretty big fan of parties and the overall social experience. I like hanging out with friends just as much as any other guy, but...when it came to last Saturday, I can best describe my experience as..."too much." What I mean by that was...I was so into the mood of things that I lost my perception of what the consequences might be. I didn't restrain myself and I didn't limit my actions...so therefore, I drank way too much.

At the time, it felt really nice. I was light as a feather and every ping pong ball I threw into a red Dixie cup felt like perfection.

That is until the next day...

Headache, sore throat, stomach problems, etc. You name it, I had it.

As the day progressed, my condition felt worse. I hadn't had anything to eat and my body felt limp. My stomach kept growling but I just ignored it. Eventually, my friends invited me over the next day and I felt an uneasy feeling about the idea. I was hungry, but at the same time...wasn't. Something had gotten to me that day, and as I started to make hamburgers...I felt very lightheaded. Dizziness was a prevalent symptom too.

When all was said and done, I engorged myself with 2 hamburgers (full of ranch, hot sauce and peppers), a chicken patty, 2 helpings of Bush's Baked Beans and 3 large glasses of water. It was delicious and although I'd just eaten a ton of food...I still had this sickly feeling. It persisted from that day, until today. The pain moved from the center, to one part of my digestive tract, prominently on the right side and there...it stayed.

I feared for the worst this morning. Everyone fears the unknown.

Turns out, the entire 6 hour stay at the ER was...because I was full of shit. Literally.

So is there a life lesson to be learned out of this? I really can't say. What I do know, is that I now have a responsibility to take care of my body as much as possible. Things could've been a lot worse, and although it wasn't, I don't take that for granted. I've had some very close friends at this point who've experienced a lot worse than me and I'm grateful for my current state of health.

Take care of your body, it's the only one you have.

Right, onto happier music.

Here's my three picks for today:

First up: Beats Antique - Catskillz (JPOD Remix)



If there's something that can be said about this artist, it's that he has consistently bouncy textures, dynamic percussion, and catchy melodies. I honestly can't get enough of it. This might not qualify as your average party music, nor can it be classified as anyone genre but, it is definitely very intricately crafted electronica. Therefore you should listen to this and support this artist.

Next up: The Crystal Method & Riot Games - Lucian



If you're an electronic music fan, and you've been alive for the past 20 years, The Crystal Method should be a name you recognize almost immediately. The group is synonymous with big beats, phat textures, and well...truly creates the "Name of the Game". Check out this track, and be amazed

and last but not least: The M Machine - A King Alone (Robotaki Remix)



I've had the great privilege to see Robotaki grow as an artist. From humble beginnings on OverClocked Remix and unfinished remixes that...have become legend on the site, such as the infamous "Manoria Cathedral Revamp", to now...making a remix for one of the biggest acts in electronic dance music...there's nothing this guy can't do. An unbeatable groove, happy feelings, and chillin' vocals...this makes the list. Awesome work dude.

That's all for today, I'll definitely be taking a little bit of a break from blogging. Need to finish some music myself.

Thanks for tuning in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment